Custom Search

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

In the eye of the BEE holder

Art. It's subjective. But just like popular opinion, those pieces that appeal to more people seem to have more value to society.

Last month some "millenials in hoodies" bought a simpson-themed art piece for an ungodly amount of money.

 The art mimics Groenig's style and characters perfectly, deleting the eyes and replacing them with an "X".

 I'm not up to date on my current artists, so I couldn't say how many of this artist's contemporaries also use this cheap method of recognition to attach automatic emotional connection to their pieces from the general public using pop culture images.

 Some people try to bring up Warhol and that movement, but I am deterred from his work by the system that propelled only him to master status. He was and is nothing special in my view.

 As much trash I talk, I will most likely continue working on the pop-culture themed sculpture that I've been designing. It's funny because people already laugh at the character.

 Money over morals? Art is everywhere? Meaning can be gleaned from a dust buddy?

 Ah, it matters not. We're all dying. Let's do it in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment